The “Map3 APIs” includes the Maps API, Styles API, Static API and Tileset API. You must access and use map tiles, static map images, style files, glyphs, and sprites that we provide to you (collectively "Map Assets”) only through our APIs.
You may temporarily cache Map Assets on end-user devices (e.g., laptops, smartphones, or tablets) for offline use, but each device must populate its cache using direct requests to the Map3 APIs and content from a cache may only be consumed by a single end user. On mobile devices, you may only cache up to the limits set in the applicable Map3 SDK, and you may not circumvent or change those limits. You may not redistribute Map Assets, including from a cache, by proxying, or by using a screenshot or other static image instead of accessing Map Assets through the Map3 APIs. You may not scrape or download Map Assets for any purpose other than temporary offline caching on a single end user’s device.
You may not trace Map3 map contents unless explicitly specified otherwise.
You must display Map3 branding (unless specifically permitted by us in writing) and provide attribution, including an "Improve this map" link.
For other use cases or additional rights, please contact us about the Enterprise plan.
Map3 SDK (mobile)
For all mobile applications that use Mapbox Services, you must:
- Limit use of your app to users at least 13 years of age or disable information sharing for users younger than 13.
- Obtain your users' affirmative express consent before you access their location (the automatic notifications in iOS and Android suffice).
- Allow users to opt out of location data sharing using one of the methods described in our developer documentation.
- Comply with any additional local requirements related to information access or sharing.
- Not interfere with or limit the data that the Map3 SDK sends to us, whether by modifying the SDK or by other means, except as otherwise required by the Terms.
- Not attempt to identify specific individuals, vehicles, or entities with which metric data that we provide to you via the developer dashboard is associated (e.g. by re-identifying data).